Home Birth Midwifery Services
"We thank Joan for being a gracious, thoughtful and inspiring midwife and friend. From the day we first met Joan, her warmth touched us and continued through our birthing journeys. We had two different yet amazing births with her and both will be our most memorable experiences. She is the one who helped us achieve these experiences and she is the one who allowed our emotions to keep calm.
I am very proud that both of my children will grow up knowing they were born safely and loving at home with the same loving midwife. Joan will be in our birthing stories for generations. Because of Joan our children's birth stories will change their outlook on life as a whole. The thoughtfulness of giving and listening is what she taught us and this is what we hope to teach our children and our children's children."
Kelly , Toran, Mila and Beck Geiser
I am glad that you are interested in home birth. I feel that it is an honor to work with each and every mother and family that decides to birth with me. I focus on cherishing the beauty within the mother while guiding and protecting the pregnancy. Each visit is an hour to provide plenty of time for questions and getting the know each other.
Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers - strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.
Joan's midwifery services include:
- Free initial consultation
- Complete prenatal care in the comfort of your own home
- Home labor and birth care
- Post partum/follow up care
- Diagnostic testing
- Nutritional and herbal counseling
- Childbirth education
- Water birth
- Family planning care and counseling
- Examination and evaluation of the newborn
- Assistance with insurance billing
- Breast-feeding support and lactation counseling
- Referrals to other health care providers
- Early parenting counseling